Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Baby Johnson's Shower!!!

A month ago I got an invitation in the mail for Ashley's baby shower. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to make it with our situation and all, but the stars aligned and flight prices dropped like crazy! I had to throw in the element of surprise for my best girl, so I lied! I told her ticket prices were just so high and I didn't have enough heads up blah, blah, blah. She totally bought it. It just so happened that Jake was starting his new job the day that I was gone, so I had to bring miss Bella with me, which Papa and NayNay loved! I wished I could have brought Sophia too, but she had school and I would have had to buy another ticket, making it not so cheap. Daddy made sure to have a special weekend with her so she wouldn't feel left out though. 

I have to say I was completely amazed with Isabella's traveling attitude! Apparently my kids are just like their Mama and LOVE to go places!! She was GREAT!! I carried her in the front carrier through the airport and on the buses, and she played and had a great time on the plane. She took her naps no problem and only started fussing when we were about 30mins away from Papa NayNay's house. 








When we got to Papa NayNay's we just relaxed and enjoyed the family time. ISO was a little scared of Papa at first, but it only lasted about 2 minutes and she was right at home. It helped that the house is always loud and crazy and that is definitely her kind of thing! 














On Sunday papa and NayNay offered to watch Bella for the day while I went to the shower. She was just as excited as they were to be there! After breakfast I headed out to Ashley's house where her and her mom were excoriating and getting things ready. I knocked on the door and she came around the corner! Super surprised she started crying of course (pregnancy will do that to you!) and was soooo happy that I was there to share her day with her! After the shock of it all wore off we were excited to run to the store for some coffee and new boots for Ash. She said that we had to make a quick trip to the beach so I could see the ocean (she knows me too well!) and it was beautiful and peaceful as always. 


After that we had to go back to the house and get ready!! I helped decorate and set up and take pictures while Ashley got dressed. I got to check out the baby's finished room which was amazing! Ashley's dad framed out the loft area above the living room for them. It came out so good! It looks like that is how it was supposed to be all along. Then before we knew it it was time to party! People arrived and I was more than happy to just hang by Ashley's side as her wing man ;)




















After the shower ended Ashley and I had to go get Bella from my parents house. She was all fed and bathed and ready for bed! Our flight left early in the morning so we had to say our goodbyes and see you next summers ;( I loved seeing them even if it was only for a little bit. 


When we got back we put Bella to bed and got to enjoy hanging out and going through all the gifts and putting them away. I had to show them how to operate the stroller and car seat which was cute :) I so wish we lived closer at times like this! I wish our girls could play together and be able to have mama time together whenever we wanted. Hopefully someday we will be closer and be able to visit for weekends and such. Bella and I had such a nice time and cannot wait to come see the baby when she is here this summer! 

1 comment:

Mummie said...

Darby, you do such a beautiful job with these pages of memories for keepsakes! I'm so happy for Ashley and you, that your lives are turning out just what you want and you have both made it so for yourselves. Most of all, the bond you share will last a lifetime and it warms my heart that my daughter has a friendship so dear to cherish for eternity. Keep up the great work Ladies!! I'm very proud of you both :-)