Friday, August 19, 2011

I Love Photography...

 I think this certain trait runs in the family. Growing up my Papa had his old 35mm Minolta in our faces CONSTANTLY. Everywhere we went he was taking pictures. Sadly, the camera broke quite a few years back, and with his new profession, he doesn't really take many pictures anymore. One of these days I would like to buy him a really nice camera....because i see how he loves to use them when he gets his hands on them! When we went to Cape Cod this past April, I offered to take some family portraits. This is a miracle in that house because to get everyone to smile, let alone get Taylor in the car is a major feat. We actually managed to get some GREAT shots, and Papa even offered to take some for Jake & I. Here are some examples of my Papa's great photography skills:





I think even Taylor might have gotten the photography gene. He took this picture when we weren't looking, and it's officially one of my favorites.


I have DEFINITELY gotten bit by the bug. After having a friend with a DSLR camera, I became obsessed with her pictures and wanted one myself. Jake got me one for Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary (it was expensive) and I LOVE it. I use it constantly and couldn't imagine ever again using a simple point and shoot camera. I am totally new to the whole camera thing, and i try to use new techniques and learn things from others...but i think my pictures turn out pretty good :) for a beginner! I think I would love to do this on a small scale someday...taking pictures of families and children. My favorite part is the editing. It is so much fun to turn a good-but-ordinary picture into something that pops! Poor Sophia has to be my guinea pig with this whole thing, but she does pretty good! Here are some i took today.  




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Darby, you have always done such a great job with your photo's and I would definitely hire you as a professional photographer. You have the ability to capture the moment perfectly every time! Maybe this will be your profession when all the babies are grown and in school full time? You have plenty of time to learn everything you need to before doing it....

Love you to pieces my little mieces ❤️��❌⭕️.

Mom