Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Horrible Blogger

                         Its official, I'm a horrible blogger! I cannot ever remember to sit down and do this on a weekly basis. I'm hoping its just because its summer and we are out doing things and I'll  be better once the winter comes :) We've been pretty busy around here trying to stay cool. Texas is in a major drought, it hasnt rained in months and we're on our way to beating a record for the most days with over 100 degree temperature. Its been on average 106 for the past 36 days. Needless to say, I am very sick of this, and would prefer 5 feet of snow! Haha yes thats right, we've been dreaming of Christmas time here in our house, we even went so far as to bake some cookies while watching the Santa Clause the other night! 

                 Jake decided that we needed to beat the heat at the lake in the summer and we finally broke down and bought a boat. Its a tester, a cheapo to make sure that we use it. IF we use it all the time and love it, next summer we'll buy a nice boat.  We just got it last weekend, and took it out Sunday to make sure it ran (its a 1988!) It worked great and we had a blast, although Jake looks like a lobster now!



We still have to bring Sophia out a few times and see how she likes it, but i think we'll use it alot! Ive also been pretty busy sewing, making things for this winter. Once you know how to make all these cute outfits, you get addicted!



I'm still working on some shorts for our camping trip to Lake Texoma at the end of this month! Can't wait were gonna have so much fun! AND...Sophia and I are going to Myrtle Beach at the end of September! Gigi is so excited and so are we! Hopefully i can catch up on all my blogging before we go :)


No comments: