Friday, November 19, 2010

Good Ol' Vermont...

      So this year we are making the long and expensive journey way north for Thanksgiving. But I'm totally excited and CANNOT WAIT!!!! Ive been running around trying to get things ready to pack, making some new outfits for Sophia and checking off my list. i went to target and got Sophia her own special suitcase and backpack for the plane ride since she's a "Big gurw now". Shes been carrying them around for the past two days and every time we get in the car she says" OK I'm ready! lets go see PapaNay-Nay now!". If you didn't already know, she makes groups of people into one :) AAAnnnd...when she asked who we were going to see, i was listing off all the people, most of whom she's never met, and i was in the middle of "Adam, and Tanya and baby Emma.." and Sophia stood up and screamed "EEEMMMAA!!! WE GONNA SEE BABY EMMA!! I SO ECITED MAMA!!". So there you have the power of facebook. She's super excited to see a baby shes never met, but obviously feels like she knows b/c we always look at her pictures and make her things :)
        Now I am super excited because i haven't seen most of this family for at least 2 years. The last time i was in Vermont was 7 years ago!!! (i was in high school and cannot believe its been that long!) And some of them i haven't seen since i was 5. I am also excited for Jake to meet everyone. And for everyone to meet SOPHIA! When i was growing up we pretty much went up to VT almost every summer...back then more family lived there year round and it was kinda like a mini family reunion every year. We'd camp and do fireworks and catch tadpoles. I cherish those memories so much and i am glad to be going back there. Here are some pictures to leave you with of family and some of good ol' Vermont :)
Uncle Alan, Adam, Brady and I..looks like Cape Cod to me..

Adam & I
This is the last time i was in VT...we have MANY pics under that bridge, hope to get some more this time!

Papa, Tay, Jul & Liv..2003 i think...last big Thanksgiving in VT, i couldn't make it b/c of work and a HUGE snowstorm :(

My Papa :) He was born there in VT

On of the many camping trips in VT! Loved those so much!!! Maybe that's why Jake i bought a camper of our own this summer!!!

1 comment:

Meet the Brummett's said...

Yay! So, so excited for you guys! I know you will have a blast introducing Sophie to your fam and catching up with everyone!