So its Mothers Day today! What a great and special weekend we've had. First of all Sophia was so excited to give me her presents she picked out. A nice candle and a beautiful card! And Daddy picked out a Pandora Bead (Cinderella's carriage) for me, which is PERFECT since Sophia is my little princess. Mothers Day has had a special meaning for me since 2007, when we found out that we were pregnant :) Actually we found out ON Mothers Day! I remember calling my mom and her saying "Well, happy Mothers Day!" which at the time totally freaked me out! But really, how many people get to say they found out they were going to be a mom on Mothers Day?
How many can say they found out they were going to be a mom AGAIN on Mothers Day??!!!
Yup! We can! Exactly 5 years after that first pregnancy test, I found myself once again peeing on a stick with high hopes! Sophia was at grandma's house and it was just Daddy and I at home. I ran into the bathroom as soon as we got home to see....I wanted to surprise him so bad!! Positive! I had this whole plan to wrap it up and say I got him something just because, but that plan went right out the window! I was too excited! So i threw the test in a shoe box and gave it to him :) I also video taped part of it! Here's the video:
Well, needless to say he was PUMPED. And in traditional Jake style had to run around telling everyone he could! He went outside to find our friends in their driveway and immediately told them! He was so proud and excited! So am I of course, but it made me happy to see him so happy :) And of course we cannot wait to tell Sophia!
On a side note, we've been trying since January (January 5th to be exact...Sophia's birthday! crazy how all these dates correspond!) to get pregnant with no luck. Sophia was an "unplanned blessing" so we didn't think we'd have any problems this time around. We had told ourselves that we would give it 6 months and if it didn't happen, then it wasn't meant to be. Well, at the end of the 5th month as you can imagine we had pretty much convinced ourselves that it would just be the three of us. So the surprise was even better because we thought that it wasn't going to happen! We are so excited and cannot wait to have another child to play with and be part of our growing family :)
No comments:
Post a Comment