Sunday, February 20, 2011

Beauty & the Beast!

    A few weeks ago I was looking through the Sunday paper and noticed that a local high school was putting on the play Beauty and the Beast. And not just any version, but the Disney version! So my girlfriend Steph and I decided to bring our little princesses! I found Sophia's old Dorothy costume and made a few adjustments so that she looked like Belle :)



    She was so excited to see the real Belle! Her best friends Ella and Landrie were just as excited, and the three of them looked like the happiest little girls ever!


    When we got there they were selling tons of things for the show, and we HAD to give in and get them something! So they all got a rose just like the beast has in the movie.


     We settled in to watch the show, and Sophia loved it. It was was more official than i thought though because it lasted 3 hours and had a 15 min. intermission!! There was a very funny moment when the wolves were attacking Belle's daddy, and Sophia screamed "GET BACK WOLF!! GET AWAY FROM BELLES PAPA! THAT'S NOT NICE!!!" it was so loud that everyone in the auditorium laughed...but Sophia looked at me very concerned....she was being serious and wanted those wolves to back off!!
    She stayed pretty quiet the rest of the show and really enjoyed it. She payed attention just like a big girl! I had hoped to take her after the show to meet the characters, but about 20 minutes before it ended she was cranky and tired and wanted to go home, so we left. But it was a wonderful experience, and she's already been asking to go back there and see Sleeping Beauty :)

1 comment:

prissy1 said...

Awww! I cant/can wait until I can do these things with Emma!!