Tuesday, February 22, 2011

ICED IN!!!

    The first two weeks of this month were C-R-A-Z-Y. I'm from the Northeast and I'm pretty used to snow and ice most of the year. But in Dallas, when it snows...everything shuts down! They are so un-prepared for the snow, there are no plows, sand/salt trucks, nothing. So needless to say, we were left pretty stranded for quite a few days. There wasn't that much snow. about 4 inches or so (i guess i should say that's A LOT for this area) but when the next night temps dropped to 7, EVERYTHING froze. Including our hot water pipes. yes, that was fun.   But if you know me, you know that i do LOVE the snow and miss it very much, so when we get our 1 or 2 snowstorms a year here, I'm a pretty happy girl :) Here are some of the pictures of our winter wonderland:




      The thing that made it crazy here wasn't really the amount of snow or ice, it was that because they don't have any way of dealing with it, we just have to wait for the ice to melt. And when i said everything here shuts down, i mean it. Jake didn't have to go to work because they shut his plant, we ventured to Target which only stayed open for 5 hours. And after a week we went to Walmart to get a few things....they were completely OUT of BREAD!! They had signs that read "We're out of bread due to weather. Sorry" I felt like i was living in the 1700's or something. So for about two weeks we couldn't really go anywhere and were stuck in the house. Some very funny things start to happen when the whole family is stuck inside for that long. 

Example #1: Us girls rub off on Daddy a little TOO much.

He looks pretty good in red high heels...don't ya think?

  Example #2: How many boys/men does it take to do ONE math problem??? Four.


Example #3: Anthony's crazy games start to come out, just to keep boredom from getting us.

I asked her what she was doing, she said "I'm tryin do that thing Anty doos."


Success!!!
Being stuck in the house does have its perks though. We got to spend plenty of time snuggling and hanging out with each other :)

Daddy cooked us up some food..


Sophia wanted to hear all about the jar of Beach glass and how Mama and Daddy used to walk on the beach when she was in my belly :)

Sophia and Daddy played some video games



And of course we played dress up!

My beautiful girl :)
We had a great time and had even more fun playing out in the snow! I can say I'm glad it didn't last any monger than it did, and I'm happy the spring weather is here again :)
Here are some of the pics of our outdoor adventures in the snow!


This is how we go sledding in TEXAS :)


Mama and Sophia footprints

sharing with Daddy

YUM!

Her hands were cold, she was ready to go in :)

All better now

Time for HOT CHOCOLATE!!! YAY!!



No comments: